SSI preliminary plans for Mesh Generation and Discretization Technology R&D
Development and deployment
- an early target for AMR software development may be spherical and geodesic (earth) geometries as well as the standard Cartesian geometries used in combustion research.
- It will be necessary to modify the data distributions used in these and other libraries to match those used in the application codes
- new, more powerful automatic mesh generation tools for structured and unstructured meshes
- partitioning algorithms for distributing these meshes across thousands of processors
- dynamic load-balancing algorithms